Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Year In Vignettes :: A Tribute to My Teachers [Blog Series Intro]

Normal.dotm 0 0 1 219 1252 Heatherlyn Music 10 2 1537 12.0 0 false 18 pt 18 pt 0 0 false false false

As we all begin doing our 2012 recaps, I will likely get to the typical highlights at some point but what I really want to do is share with you some of my journey and the kind, generous, gracious teachers along the way who've shared their presence, their open hearts and their wisdom with me during this past year.

Blogseriesintropic

Many of you know that at the end of 2011, I lost my voice and it was pretty serious; actually, it was terrifying, and for a bit, looking to potentially cause a major shift in our lives.Ultimately, it was a physical manifestation of some deeper pain and life issues. So 2012 has been quite a journey of intense healing and intentional growth (as a human being and as a musician). I knew this year would be very much about rediscovering and redefining my voice - literally, musically, rhetorically. It has and I feel we've only just begun.


This is the stuff that makes up real life, so over the next few weeks, you can expect to see blog posts that will be personal vignettes of 2012 and tributes, with a heart full of gratitude, to my teachers. Above all, they've shown me that we truly never have to walk through the dark places alone or try to heal all on our own. They are gentle gardeners in the soul of my soul, bearing light and nourishment.

As always, my hope is that you might find some part of our story inspiring and that you might receive some good gift as you continue to travel with us on this adventure of both bliss and sweat. Thank you!


LoveJoyPeaceHope,

Heatherlyn

www.heatherlynmusic.com

No comments: