Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Cry for Peace :: It Came Upon A Midnight Clear

It doesn't happen to be my personal belief that those who've gone before us become angels, but yesterday, when I was practicing this song and working out an original chorus for it; I couldn't help but imagine the school children who died in the shooting in Connecticut. I couldn't help but envision them like angels singing to us a song of peace. They certainly showed to us our interconnectedness: what happens to one, matters to us all.

Perhaps they also drew out of us a song of peace that we all share, a deep cry within the flesh and bones and fibers and souls of each of us, a hope and a longing for true, lasting peace that transcends political opinions or anything material.

I believe this is what I witnessed when I saw everyone grieving, praying, trying to make sense of an unexplainable horror. I know I felt as though my gut was wrenched and my heart had sunken into my bowels. I wept...and longed for that kind of healing and whole, all-encompassing peace for grieving individuals and families, for the reconciliation of our nation and the whole earth.

May a song of such peace resonate deeply within us. May we live and move and have our being in tune to that song, in time to it's tempo. May that song permeate our thoughts, drip from our lips in the words we speak and may that song be shared through our open hands ready to embrace and serve and carry one another. May you and I BE Light, Love and some manner of Comfort to all suffering in violence.

A candle is lit for them.

Deep & True Peace to You and Yours.

Love,

Heatherlyn

 

HeatherlynMusic.com

 

No comments: