Friday, April 23, 2010

Birds and Blossoms


Spring makes me feel like I'm coming back to life! I sat outside while nourishing myself with oats and an apple for breakfast yesterday morning. The birds were singing like they were having a big party. And I just sat there absorbing sun rays and birdsong ~ along with a heart-healthy dose of dietary fiber =) ~ noticing how tall and brilliantly green the trees in our neighborhood are, how beautiful the apple blossom tree in our yard is, just sort of stunned at the transformation around our home.

This simple sketch is just one of many reflections I've had on spring and this season of my life, being drawn the consider the example of - the carefree nature, simplicity, beauty and fearlessness of the birds and the blossoms.

Before coloring it in, I realized I wanted to make a copy of it and share it with others. Coloring itself is carefree, simple and beautiful - something you may want to do alone or with some children in your life. =) I hope you enjoy!

Happy Spring!

No comments: